Saturday, October 3, 2015

Book Stores

I didn't intend my trip to Berlin to be so permeated with literary adventures, but being a lover of words, it's not all that surprising that I would find myself surrounded by the many, many opportunities to engage with the written word.



The first few days in the city I was hanging out with some friends of my friend from back home, who had a great deal of interest in seeing some anarchist book stores.

An easy enough task, as Berlin is still full of radicals of all stripes, giving space for alternative voices to thrive.

There is a a sense of live-and-let-live in Berlin. As such, the radical store featured above sat right next door to this family friendly book store.

Nothing wrong with letting the kiddies see different ideas existing in the world. 


Construction can't keep a good bookstore down. 
Specialty stores, like this Italian themed one, are great for the many international residents calling Berlin home. 
Library + bookstore = the best idea.