Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Cafe Pettirosso

I moved back to Seattle in 2001 and have lived here ever since. I have lived in the Capitol Hill/First Hill neighborhoods for that entire time, save one year.
I have walked passed Cafe Pettirosso, opened in 2000, innumerable times, I have eaten at every food establishment around it, and even had a friend working there for about a year, yet never had I gone inside. I didn't purposefully avoid it, it was just one of those places that I just never get around to trying.

Until I did.

I reached out to a friend I hadn't talked to in a while and she said we should meet up at the Cafe, since it's become her regular place.


The small storefront hides a spacious interior. The pastries were so buttery and just sweet enough for my savory preferring tastes.
And so, even after 14 years, there are surprises to discover in my backyard.